If it has been years since you upgraded your bathrooms, you’re in for a pleasant surprise. Modern designs and elements are more attractive and efficient than ever.
The Benefits of a Bathroom Remodel
Functionality and comfort take priority in bathrooms, but there’s no reason that they can’t be visually appealing. The latest sinks, toilets, and tubs are sleek enough to blend in with a spa-like décor.
Here are some additional benefits:
- Improved layout with more room.
- Increased storage space.
- Changes tailored to your current needs and lifestyle.
- Added value if you ever decide to sell your home.
- Products designed with hygiene, safety, and water conservation in mind.
To that last point, leaks and poor drainage aren’t just annoying and unsightly; they invite mold, mildew, and various pests that pose health risks.
As for water waste, the Environmental Protection Agency reports that toilets use as much as 6 gallons per flush. By comparison, some efficient new models use around 1.3 gallons per flush. The average family also uses close to 40 gallons of water a day taking showers and washing up at the sink.
Upgrading to low-flow toilets, showerheads and faucets go a long way in reducing water waste. Choose EPA-approved products that bear the WaterSense label.
If you’re not sure where to start, here are some things to think about:
- Having the plumbing rerouted and fixtures relocated for better layout and comfort.
- Installing a streamlined toilet with a hidden tank.
- Redesigning the shower to drain into an invisible seam between the wall and the floor.
- Installing pipes that are larger in diameter and less prone to clogging.
There’s one more thing that many homeowners are asking themselves these days: Do they take enough baths to justify the tub? A lot of folks are trading in their tubs in the primary bathroom for more spacious showers with avant-garde features. However, if you like your long soaks, consider a freestanding tub. There are stunning designs that take up less space than built-in tubs.
Simply contact Lloyds Plumbing at (805) 495-8766! We are here to help you achieve your bathroom remodel goals.