Thousand Oaks Water Line Repair & Installation
5-Star Water Line Services in Ventura County
Water lines are the pipes that carry water from the main shut-off valve to your home. These pipes are usually made of PVC, but in older homes especially could still be made of lead. If you need water line repair or replacement in Ventura County, call (805) 495-8766 to speak with a member of our team at Lloyds Plumbing. We can provide you with all the information you need to know about your options for water line repair or replacement.
How Long Do Water Lines Last?
The average lifespan of a water line depends greatly on the material used, but some water lines can last for nearly a century or more (with proper upkeep and repairs).
The exact lifespan will depend on a number of factors, including:
- The material used to make the pipe: Cast iron pipes last longer than PVC pipes.
- Location of the pipe: Water lines that run under a lot of pressure, such as those that run from the water main to a water heater or a washing machine, may have a shorter lifespan than those that don't.
- The amount of water pressure in the pipe: A higher pressure in the water line results in a shorter lifespan.
- The condition of the pipe: If the pipe is corroded, has a hole in it, or has been damaged by tree roots, the pipe will not last as long as a pipe that is in good condition.
Signs That You Need Water Line Repair or Replacement
A water line may need repairs or a replacement if you experience any of the following:
- Decreased water pressure: If the water pressure in your home has decreased, it could be due to a clog in the water line. However, if the water pressure in your home has decreased across the board, it could be due to a problem with the water line itself.
- Water leaks: A leak in a water line can cause significant damage to your home. If you notice a leak, call for water line repair immediately.
- Unusual smells: If you notice a strange smell coming from your water, it could be a sign of a bacteria or algae bloom. This is more common in homes that have a high concentration of bacteria in the water line.
- Colored water: A change in the color of your water could be a result of a change in the composition of the water line. For example, if the pipe has a hole in it, the water may be coming out of the pipe red because of the iron in the water.
Why Choose Our Water Line Plumbers?
Lloyds Plumbing is a family-owned, licensed, and insured plumbing company. Backed by 5-star ratings from our customers as well as certification as Plumbing Technicians, our plumbers are proud to offer fair prices, professional service, and outstanding results. Find out how we can be of service to you.
"We would certainly use Lloyd's Plumbing without hesitation in the future."
We would certainly use Lloyd's Plumbing without hesitation in the future.- Kapur K.
Our team wears shoe covers, uniforms, and leave your home neat and clean.
We provide upfront fair and honest pricing.
We are fully trained to handle any job you’ve got, call us now for service!
Fully licensed, bonded, and insured professional team.
Our Plumbing Technicians are certified and highly experienced professionals.