The Process: How Does a Tankless Water Heater Work?
We know how much it could be inconvenient when a large family is taking bath showers or using water appliances, and you experience a shortage of hot water. And we know that it is a severe issue. But the good news is Tankless water heaters deliver a constant supply of hot water.
Tankless water heaters heat water directly without the use of a storage tank. When a hot water tap is turned on, cold water travels through a pipe into the unit. Either a gas burner or an electric element heats the water. As a result, we get a constant supply of hot water.
Today, in this article, we will learn how Tankless Water Heater works and how efficient it is.
How does a Tankless Water Heater Work?
- Whenever you need hot water for any purpose like washing, bathing, etc. the flow of cool waters comes in the inlet pipe of the Tankless Water Heater.
- Once it occurs in the inlet pipe, the water detector in the heating unit detects the water and force the flame to ignite. This way, it starts heating the two heat exchangers.
- However, now the water is preheated, and when it passes through stainless steel heat exchanger, the liquid further gets extra heat. It gets excess latent heat before leaving heater’s vent system.
- The water continues to heat as it passes through the heat exchanger, and then travel from the outlet pipes to the facets of the home where the hot water is needed.
- It is the responsibility of the Tankless Water heater to adjust the flame output to ensure that the fixed temperature is maintained and is not exceeding.
- However, when we shut off the hot water fixture, the cold water stops flowing to the water heaters and this way flame also get turned off. Now the installation is off, so the Tankless Water Heater is off and water will not flow.
The next time the user needs water, he needs to open the tap, and hot water will be there for daily use.
No doubt, this is a fantastic technology as energy is using only when there is a need for hot water. These tanks deliver hot water on demand rather than holding water in the tank. It saves gas and electricity bills. We recommend you to install the Tankless Water Heater in your room for saving cost and having convenience.
Lloyd’s plumbing as Your Tankless Water Heater Experts
Now you know how Tankless Water Heater works. If you have made your mind to install a new Tankless Heater in your home, then Lloyd’s Plumbing is here to help you. We have years of experience in this field and very well aware of this technology.
Our team of experts knows how to get their job done on time. So whenever and wherever you want to install Tankless Hot Water Heater, you need to give us a call, and we would be there for you.
We have the tools and skills needed to install, repair and replace Tankless Water Heaters.